Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Regarding Macs

So, I may or may not have purchase a Mac Mini. Which I am really stoked about. For a grand total, (Including taxes) of just over 1000USD I was very pleased with the price. Here are the stats.

Intel Core Duo @ 2.0 GHz
4GB 1066Mhz RAM (Wow, that is the most I have ever had)
Nvidia 9400 Graphics 
MacOSX (giggle)

I have only had a few hours to play with it so far, but I really enjoy this machine.
I've made a few changes from the usual mac setup. We purchased a bluetooth keyboard/mouse combo, where the mouse in integrated with the keyboard. We also bought a display adapter to VGA. We then plugged the mac mini into our 32" TV. Muahaha! 
There are a grand total of three cables that are plugged into little hamburger-sized machine. Power, Video and speakers. Everything else is wireless. It pulls the internet from our wireless, our keyboard is bluetooth, so no connectors there. 
I ripped a few CD's onto the hard drive and sound is excellent. you can hear it from the whole house. During the process of listening to some big band and swing songs, I walked away from the Mini and tested the range on the keyboard. To my delight, I could not find a place in our house where the keyboard would not adjust the sound or change tracks. ::Giggle::

I do not know what other adventures await for this little machine, but the possibilities are great!
Tonight: Ripping DVD's to my little machine. (So that we have a backup copy of DVD's we own.)

2 comments:

Julie Clark said...

Congratulations on your new "mini". But my question is: what do you do when one of you wants to watch tv, and the other wants to use the computer?

Hepallucion said...

We do almost everything together. We have not come upon that problem yet. But we also have laptops. ;)